A manager's role of keeping a workforce engaged is crucial to ensure the smooth running of a company. The correlation between a motivated team and a successful business is inevitable.
Ohio University identified the damage caused, benefits and reasons for a happy workforce below;
- A poor relationship with their manager is one of the most significant factors determining their poor engagement at work.
- The happier an individual is, the more motivated they are at work.
- The happiest companies are the fastest growing.
- 78% of the fastest growing companies offer shorter working weeks.
- Having friends at work improves happiness, so encourage this with team building activities and social events.