For the second year running, KONNEKT has joined other organisations Europe-wide, to participate in the European Week for Waste Reduction. The EWWR is a European initiative aiming to promote the implementation of awareness-raising actions about sustainable resource and waste management during a single week. The actions implemented in the EWWR address the “3Rs”: Reduce waste, Reuse products, Recycle material. This year the initiative was run between 21st and 29th November 2015.
As part of our continual effort to reduce our carbon footprint, KONNEKT has committed to:
- Reduce the glass waste by opting to use recyclable coffee refill packs instead of jars
- Recycle food delivery bags buy returning them to the restaurant owner so that they can be reused.
- Use filtered water to eliminate the drinking from plastic bottles.
- Teaching employees recycling best practice, partly through the creation and use of informative posters and stickers.
- Shred all paper and have it recycled by supplying it to a recycling company.
- Recycle printer toners by sending empty printer cartridges to supplier for reuse.
For more information on this initiative, check out ewwr.eu.
You may also be interested in: