Our client, an international shipping company based in Malta is looking to employ a Mechanical Technician to join their growing team. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the scheduled maintenance and preventive maintenance plan for all cargo handling equipment at the port.
- Conducting mechanical repair tasks on cargo handling equipment such as reach stackers, heavy duty fork lifts, cranes and tug masters, whilst following company protocols.
- Diagnosing and resolving daily technical issues as they arise.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines and safety protocols.
- Proficient in working at elevated heights and interpreting technical drawings.
- Undertaking in-house repair work, including but not limited to fixing steel gates, containers, bollards, and ship's railings.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday: 6:45am - 15:15pm OR 7:45am - 16:15pm
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Demonstrate good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, environmental laws, and industry standards.
- Strong organisational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Previous port experience or with heavy machinery is a must.
Education & Experience
A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: GN460
Jobs in skilled work involve the production and maintenance of private and public buildings and structures. Skilled Work Jobs in Malta include construction work, drivers, electrical, gardening, health & safety, mechanic, plastering, plumbing, pest control, installation, technician, attendants and maintenance roles.