We are looking for an individual who is passionate about audio and visual technology and is experienced in setting up and operating audio and video equipment. The ideal candidate would also have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to plan and manage resources.
- Plan and execute technical AV setups and installations,
- Independently organise and prioritise tasks and allocate resources effectively to execute such AV setups.
- This includes equipment preparation, installation, operation and dismantling for events.
- Includes troubleshooting and resolving issues with same equipment.
- Ensure AV equipment is properly maintained and in good working order.
- Ensure stores are properly organised and kept in good working order.
- Enforce safety standards as per Company policy.
- Train staff and ensure continuous professional development for all members.
- Maintain and update technical documentation pertaining to AV installations.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Experience in setting up and operating audio and video equipment for live events is necessary
- Good understanding of basic engineering principles. Electrical and network knowledge is preferred
- Based in Malta and hold a clean driving licence
- Able to handle stressful situations with a calm demeanour
- Excellent communication skills - Fluency in spoken and written English is required
- Punctual, dynamic, impartial, and flexible in approach
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment
- Willing to work in the evenings, and/or night shifts
Education & Experience
Diploma / Degree, or other recognised qualification in engineering. media or related field would be ideal, but not necessary. Certifications in specific AV technologies or rigging would also be helpful.
Job Reference: HE450
Jobs in skilled work involve the production and maintenance of private and public buildings and structures. Skilled Work Jobs in Malta include construction work, drivers, electrical, gardening, health & safety, mechanic, plastering, plumbing, pest control, installation, technician, attendants and maintenance roles.