Our client, a well established bank, located in Mata, is looking for a Head of Finance and Regulatory to join their team:
The Head of Finance and Regulatory will assume responsibility for prudential and statistical reporting across the Bank, with a specific focus on staying current with the evolving regulatory reporting landscape and enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of reporting processes. This role will encompass a wide array of data and reports, offering a diverse range of responsibilities.
- Ensuring the timely production of the complete suite of regulatory reports (COREP / FINREP / BR06) and internal reporting of regulatory metrics.
- Ensuring the accuracy of accounting records.
- Leading and managing the finance team.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the finance department, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Meeting all reporting obligations within stipulated deadlines and maintaining the highest standards of accuracy, including regular data quality assessments and pertinent reconciliations.
- Questioning data inputs and outputs to ensure uniform and consistent preparation and disclosure of regulatory information.
- Providing timely responses to inquiries from supervisory authorities or management, and conducting necessary follow-ups.
- Assisting in initiatives aimed at enhancing processes, controls, and documentation.
- Supporting the development of regulatory reporting to accommodate business expansion plans and managing project-related tasks related to new regulatory reporting requisites.
- Maintaining an updated and comprehensive understanding of regulatory reporting requirements, including relevant regulators' guidance such as the EBA Single Rulebook with accompanying Q&A. Ensuring that these are incorporated into policies, procedures, and regulatory reports.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar position
- Experience within a Credit or Financial Institution
- Knowledge of a regulatory reporting software is considered a plus
- Robust analytical abilities
- Proficiency in Excel and adeptness in managing data files seamlessly.
- Effective team player, equipped with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Attention to detail and analytical prowess. Able to prioritize
- Committed to meeting and delivering on deadlines.
Education & Experience
A Banking or Finance degree level of qualification
- Hybrid working
- Subsidized parking
Job Reference: VO125
Banking Jobs in Malta entail the provision of financial advice to both commercial and private clients within banks and other organisations within the finance industry. Jobs in Banking within this sector include consumer and corporate lending, credit management, investment jobs and risk evaluation.