A client of ours specialising in the Travel and Leisure sectors is currently looking to onboard a Group Finance Manager to join their team of professionals. This person will be reporting to the CFO, and responsibilities include the following:
- Improve the Group entities accounting internal process and control systems, overseeing adherence to all applicable legislations and Group Policies.
- Prepare group reports in terms of consolidated financial statements, budgets and cash flows
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility projects
- Improve the Group’s accounting IT control systems
- Assist in the preparation of reports to Banks, and liaise accordingly with various stakeholders as required
- Preparation and review of the management accounts as necessary and statutory accounts
- Ensuring compliance with tax legislation and regulations
- Support external auditors in carrying out the financial audit of Group entities.
- Manage and lead any projects that are relevant to the Accounts Team.
- Perform any other additional duties that may arise from time to time.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position within a group of companies
- Experience in travel, shipping, logistics, and financial services industries will be considered an asset
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and ideally in Maltese
- Sound working knowledge of IFRSs including preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Sound working knowledge of corporate taxation matters
Education & Experience
Must be a warranted and fully qualified accountant.
Job Reference: FT152
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.