One of Malta's leading Audit firms is seeking to employ a Technical Operations Manager to join their ever growing IT team. The Technology Operations Manager will be a senior member of the local Information Technology Services (ITS) team and the main responsibilities will fall within the remit of IT Services and Security.
- Managing and monitoring daily activities of the local ITS team comprising of both technical and non-technical requirements.
- Day-to-day organizational operations reporting.
- Delivering ad-hoc short term operational obligations.
- Managing supplier and third-party relations.
- IT or Security Project tasks executing and/or coordination.
- Realizing approved strategic initiatives.
- IT systems maintenance planning.
- Process improvement activities.
- Functional analysis based on incoming goals/requirements for new demands.
- Building IT System technical specification requirements.
- Process reengineering when required.
- Reporting to and engaging with Senior Technology leadership, as well as
- Supervising all procedural and compliance activities.
Further Responsibilities will include:
- Management and coordination of local projects
- Fulfilling approved initiatives or requests,
- Supporting the team to guiding them to reach their goals.
- Monitoring Services and recommending potential operational improvements.
- Mentoring and training team members.
- Maximizing process effectiveness
- Reporting regularly on team performance, IT risks and controls, performance management and delivery, security incidents and remediation as well as status reporting on all upcoming and work in progress.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- 5 years+ experience managing teams and running technology operations.
- Relevant industry certifications such as MSCE, MCSD, CCNA, CCNP, C|ND, CISM, CISSP, Prince2, CISA, etc.
- Highly proficient technical professional, with expertise in hardware, software, systems, process, and security appliances
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network systems engineering.
- Strong IT technical background with the ability to articulate solutions to complex problems with ease.
- Able to manage time-sensitive workloads, at times under pressure.
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or similar role.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a first degree in Computer science, engineering, or related field.
Job Reference: NH954