A well established company within the financial sector and having offices in Malta, London and Dubai, is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their team in Malta. The position will support both desktop and server rollouts, including configuration, maintenance and improving the existing infrastructure.
The selected candidate will be Highly organized and resourceful, with excellent communication skills. A good decision maker and diligent in the execution of tasks to tight deadlines. Must becCalm and approachable with the ability to take ownership of issues, Self-sufficient, who works well in a team environment and on their own.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with fellow engineers to maintain and monitor our entire infrastructure estate.
- Responding to incidents and providing assistance and support to employees.
- Delivery of projects, including planning, testing and workflow management.
- Troubleshooting production support issues; providing root cause analysis and solutions.
- Identifying improvements to systems and infrastructure.
- Installing windows updates and managing application deployments.
- Providing weekend and out-of-hours support as necessary.
This is a fully on-site role.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Min 5+ years in system administration supporting a high availability enterprise environment
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and well-rounded in infrastructure technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies (AD, Group Policy), Office 365, MS Teams.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2016-2019, including Hyper-V, builds and support
- Good working knowledge of networking concepts & technologies.
- Strong Access Management Skills, NTFS file permissions
- Knowledge of backups, resiliency, and Disaster Recovery procedures
- Diverse problem-solving skills to investigate system and network issues
Education & Experience
Certification in a related IT field
- Young and dynamic team
- No on-call duties
Job Reference: LI681