An infrastructural technical company is looking to recruit a Systems Administrator to form part of the Technical Team.
Your duties and responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Provide support to all in-house applications and live systems
- Solve hardware and software problems
- Monitoring and maintenance of application software on Windows and Linux platforms. The applications will generally run on a MySQL/MS-SQL and Apache/IIS backend, or any other backend configuration as may be necessary from time to time.
- Liaison with respective authorities
- Travel for business assignments outside of Malta may also be required (Very rarely if needed)
Only candidates who are already based in Malta will be considered for this role.
On-call is worked out as 1 week in and 1 week out (further arrangments can be done)
Per 1-hour worked on Saturday will be considered as 1 hour and a half
Per 1-hour worked on Sundays will be doubled, and considered 2 hours
The amount calculated will be given time off (time in lieu), to ensure the employee would not exceed 40 hours of work per week
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills mainly in English
- Be assertive and be able to hold a professional attitude at all times
- Be ready to work outside normal working hours (will be worked out in a time in lieu manner)
- Possess technical experience using Windows. If one has Linux experience it would be a plus, but not a requirement.
- Have knowledge of LAN/WAN networking concepts
- Be familiar with MySQL databases
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
Education & Experience
- IT Diploma or equivalent
- Vendor-specific certifications such as MCSE and/or LPI will be considered an asset
Job Reference: MD735