Our client is looking to recruit for a System Engineer to join the Technical Operations Team in Malta. You will be responsible for the planning, management, deployment, configuration and support of internal infrastructure as well as as-a-Service infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining system availability by ensuring monitoring is in place, capacity planning and update management.
- Planning and executing ongoing maintenance systems under the scope of Internal IT and as-a-Service offerings.
- Ensuring system performance and availability is up to the agreed standards – carry out audits and tests and documenting results.
- Train and build high quality documentation to allow for the spread of knowledge within the team and also within other teams to allow for tasks to be carried out by the NOC team.
- Manage the company’s Microsoft 365 environment to maximise benefits of the platform and deploy appropriate security and automation functions.
- Ensuring all systems are properly documented, with the relevant documentation updated as needed.
- Automate across all platforms to increase efficiency.
- Record changes happening across the platforms and keep a change management log. Plan maintenance windows when a change is disruptive.
- Ensure that all systems are inventorised and that inventory is kept up to date.
- Provide advice to internal users on software or hardware requests that they may need from time to time.
- Participate in IT audits.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Experience with server grade hardware, Windows and Linux systems and SQL servers
- Experience with Monitoring Systems and supporting systems (Nagios, Grafana etc).
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS, VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Education & Experience
A Bachelors Degree in IT or equivalent is considered an asset
- Car cash allowance
- On call allowance
- Performance bonus
- Health insurance
Job Reference: AZ160