A leading financial service provider in Malta is seeking to employ a Senior IT Systems Analyst to join their IT team in Malta. The right candidate will be responsible for analyzing, designing and defining technological solutions and system changes while supporting the Solution Architect in large scale initiatives, as necessary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To assist his/her manager and/or team lead to by sharing technical expertise on specific solutions.
- To assist the manager and/or team lead in defining and updating System Analysis process improvements and procedures.
- To create effective technical documentation to help facilitate the understanding of such technical requirements.
- To ensure completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of technological solutions.
- To perform the assigned tasks in an efficient and effective manner, and within the agreed timelines and quality.
- To provide alternative technical solutions to overcome technical challenges, by being creative and innovative.
- Work efficiently and provide solutions that are of benefit to the company but still aligned with the company’s policies and Enterprise Architecture framework.
- To mentor and support colleagues through knowledge sharing.
- To contribute and support during capacity and task planning of all System Analysis processes within both business-as-usual and project related activities.
- To build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment.
- To submit any reports and/or supervise any projects and activities as may be directed from time to time.
- To support the manager and/or team lead in participate in the definition of an IT Governance framework and compliance, when needed.
- To support the manager and/or team lead during prioritisation of IT initiatives.
- To perform any duties that may be assigned to him/her from line management from time to time.
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies and propose any relevant technical training for the System Analysis team.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Three years of experience in areas of Systems Analysis or a similar role.
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Background in application development.
- Knowledge of Information Systems Analysis and Software Development.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in Database Querying with PL/SQL and T-SQL.
- Experience in using CI/CD pipelines and tools.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field.
Job Reference: IG366