A young and dynamic company, leaders in the Aviation Industry, are looking for an IT Systems Administrator Specialist to join their IT team. The selected candidate must be able to work on their own initiative with a professional approach and attitude. The Systems Administrator will liaise with the Malta offices as well as other colleagues based in Europe.
- Ensures that the peripheral systems are in proper working condition.
- Quickly arrange for replacement or resolve the issues in case of any hardware failure, create file systems and manage network communication.
- Responsible for taking care of the backup and recovery policy.
- Updating the new version of OS and application software, along with executing the policies for the use of the computer system and network.
- Setting up security policies for users and taking care of identity management.
- Taking care of the user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations.
- Offers technical support and troubleshoot any hardware and software problems related to server and storage devices.
- Handle issues concerning application and database server operations.
- Perform thorough research on upcoming products, service protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Leading IT related projects under IT Management.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Must have 3+ years of Proven experience as a System Administrator in a Microsoft environment
- Must have 3+ years of proven experience with VMware infrastructure
- AWS administration experience will be considered an asset
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in PS, Python, Perl or other language
- Knowledge with various operating systems and platforms Linux is an advantage, MAC is a plus.
- Resourcefulness and high problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Storage systems.
Education & Experience
BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline, professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a must.
Job Reference: GQ739