A globally-known client of ours is on the lookout for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team here in Malta.
Reporting to the Technical Lead, the IT Infrastructure Engineer has a key role in the successful running of the IT function. This person will be responsible to maintain a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Building, designing, deploying, maintaining and leading the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public cloud offerings, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Help implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption
- Implementing and refining cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Responsible for Identity Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Document Management Strategy.
- Acting as project lead around business initiatives such as new office sites, store openings, warehouses, etc.
- Developing, enhancing, and maintaining automation of cloud enablement tools
- Recognizing and resolve all business issues and impact
- Performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Participating in the design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years working with cloud platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based systems including Hardware, software, networking and storage.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure AD DS and Virtualisations such as HyperV and Vmware.
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Microsoft Azure for small, medium scale and enterprise level applications.
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments.
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security.
- Experience with configuring software defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs.
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment.
Education & Experience
Ideally, a Degree level qualifications in a Technology related subject
- Discounts from different brands within the group.
- Free wellbeing activity such as yoga and massages.
- Free breakfast and healthy treats.
- Dynamic work environment.
- Career progression.
Job Reference: NS224