Our high-tech software, globally-known and well-established client is on the lookout for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their team here in Malta. The main focus of this role is to carry out implementations, maintenance, configuration, and administration, and offer support to the IT systems running on both Windows and Linux.
- Leading Level 2 support for both internally and to 3rd party provided infrastructure.
- Leading the root cause analysis to determine both the best course of action for Restorations and Resolutions of incidents in systems, processes and services, and assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventive measures.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior members of the team.
- Specifying and designing systems by selecting appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed architectures, and ensuring they are applied effectively.
- Ensuring that the system design balances functional, service quality, security, and systems management requirements.
- Leading the generation and maintenance of all technical system documentation, ensuring proper version control is employed in accordance with the latest standards.
- Liaising with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers as required, supporting their Level 3 investigations into incidents/problems/requests escalated to them.
- Assisting in the day-to-day support for all technical matters.
- Assisting with maintaining and testing disaster recovery and fail-over procedures.
- Ensuring IT compliance standards are maintained as appropriate for independent auditing, implementing and championing best practice processes.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience within an IT environment.
- Experience in installing and configuring servers (physical and VMs) and Active Directory.
- Knowledge on both Microsoft and Linux.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- This position is only open to EU residents or candidates who have been living in Malta for at least 5 years.
- On-call rotation.
Education & Experience
A an IT-related Degree OR ITIL foundation certification will be an asset, but not a must-have.
- Medical Insurance covering employee and dependants.
- Life insurance.
- Depending on the role, employees can work in a hybrid-work model.
- 11% on-call allowance.
Job Reference: KH846