Our client, a well established Shipping Organisation, is seeking to recruit a Shipping Operations Executive to join their growing team. Reporting to the General Manager, your duties will include;
- Port operations coordination with Principals, Vessels and Port Operators, understanding their requirements and making appropriate arrangements with various parties.
- Scheduling, registration of vessel with Port Authorities and updating vessel’s estimate time of arrival, berthing, completion, departure.
- Coordination with the Port Terminals.
- Close communication with the relevant Port Authorities and Service Providers.
- Preparing containers for eventual load on vessels and export from Malta.
- Reporting of container status to Shipping Line and respective shipping agents.
- Liaising with the Port Terminal and Port Authorities.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Previous experience within the industry is a plus
- Experience within an administrative / coordination capacity is requried
- Excellent multi tasking abilities with effective time management and organizational skills a multi-tasker.
- Able to work under pressure and to very strict deadlines.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English and Maltese
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Education & Experience
Secondary Level of education or better
Job Reference: XM820
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.