Our Client, a global manufacturer within the industry of Pharmaceuticals, is seeking to recruit a Senior Buyer. Whilst reporting to the Regional Manager, your duties will include;
- Partner with ECM/TPFG manufacturers to ensure quality, delivery and cost meet or exceed expectations.
- Serve as liaison between company and ECM/TPFG Manufacturer network.
- Manage contracts to ensure delivery on company expectations, and meeting budget targets, cost savings and capacity management.
- Partner with Commercial and Supply Chain functions to ensure continuity of product supply.
- Maintain and review supplier performance to ensure conformance to supplier management goals (cost, quality, service, delivery)
- Create cost saving opportunities through competitive bidding, negotiations to achieve / exceed savings targets and deliver on-time reporting
- Coordinate communication between all applicable internal and external functions/organizations regarding ECM/TPFG operations.
- Analyze actual to budget cost variances, identify root cause, and drive cost improvement.
- Manage issues to ensure efficient and effective resolution.
- Lead performance business reviews with suppliers/contracting organizations.
- Partner with Quality Assurance to support/perform supplier audits, quality investigations, and non-conformance analysis by providing appropriate product/process expertise.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Five plus years of Medical Device / Pharmaceutical / Biologics industry experience working with Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality required.
- Cross functional team leadership; ability to work and influence across business units and functions, multi-site, multi- cultural. Proven ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to develop and manage partnerships.
- Ability to drive and sustain transformational change.
- Strong financial and production acumen preferred
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex plans on time and on budget.
- Ability to think strategically and to provide clear direction to others.
- Availability to travel
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required.
Job Reference: SX977
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.