Our client, a leading international Manufacturing Company, is seeking to recruit a Purchasing Manager. Reporting directly to the CEO, your duties will include;
- Co-ordinates the smooth running of all purchasing processes to ensure deadlines are met.
- Co-ordinates with PG/MS Managers to resolve issues and problems regarding availability of parts.
- Co-ordinates and assists other Managers with the regards to the purchasing of machinery and equipment or applicable critical services.
- Leads, and co-ordinates with, Purchasing staff to ensure the smooth running of the department and that proper communication is effected with suppliers.
- Conducts sourcing and negotiates yearly agreements with production and technical suppliers.
- Authorizes purchase orders as per purchasing procedures.
- Ensures that the right quality of parts and materials are supplied.
- Visits suppliers as needed so as to ensure that their processes and equipment are up to expected standards.
- Holds meetings with new and current suppliers to discuss new projects, prospective orders and, where applicable, revise relevant business terms .
- Up-dates CEO with current affairs with regards to purchasing developments.
- Drafts yearly budgets and discusses with CFO.
- Updates CFO on a monthly basis of actual to budget expenditure including any foreseeable notable developments.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- 4-5 years of experience in a Purchasing Function, having experience leading a team
- Excellent communication skills in English & Maltese
- Good knowledge of AMS4U / PMF/SAP Microsoft Office Excel – Word.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Shrewd and possess excellent negotiation skills
Education & Experience
Degree Level of Education
Job Reference: AS980
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.