A well-established client of ours specializing in general contracting and finishings, is searching for a Procurement Officer to join their team. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, and working alongside a number of Project Managers, your responsibilities will include to:
- Prepare estimates taking in to account contracts, budgets, Bill of Quantities and other documentation during tender preparation
- Plan and manage tender submissions
- Obtainment of prices for materials, labour machinery and any other matters as may be required by the Company
- Assist in drafting BOQs as per drawings and specifications
- Forecast costs for materials
- Monitor and record changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Assist the Projects Manager to prepare contracts for sub-contractors as required in line with the contract
- Measure and value the work done on site and raise applications for payment. (AfPs)
- Prepare, follow-up and negotiate the interim and final payment applications with the aim of achieving certification
- Organise and manage the compilation and consolidation of the bill of quantities and payment applications
- Certify works done and payment applications of subcontractors, (Cfps)
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Assist the Projects Manager to prepare monthly financial reports and projects analysi
- Preparation of as-built drawings, and carrying out on-site surveys as required and preparation of installation drawings for approval
- Provide commercial support to the Departmental Managers.
- Responsible for continued liaison with the Commercial Manager/ Operations Manager / Project Manager throughout the life cycle of the project to be kept abreast with any changes / deviations from agreed terms and conditions of contract / agreement.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Candidates must already be based in Malta, with the legal right to work in Malta
- Strong organisational, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Detail-oriented and analytical, with a commitment to accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and inventory management software
Education & Experience
- A Level Standard of Education as a minimum
- Prior local experience in procurement is essential and mandatory
- Prior experience in tendering is highly desirable
- Prior experience within the finishings/construction industry is an asset
Job Reference: GB810
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.