Our client, a global company within Aviation, is recruiting for a Procurement Manager to join their growing team here in Malta. Reporting to the CFO, the duties include;
- Ensure that the processes of Procurement, Contract Management and Budgeting are fully aligned.
- Establish, together with the Group CFO, the right and balanced processes for managing Budgeting, Procurement and Contracting
- Constantly maintain and update the Budget with any transaction effecting the cost items across the Group.
- Liaise with the respective Finance functions to ensure that the budget is synchronized with the actual expenditure
- Maintain updated records of invoicing and purchasing in liaison with the rest of the Finance department
- Identify and investigate any cost deviation from that budgeted and record reason and authorization behind discrepancy
- Prepare forecasts of expenditures for specific periods as well as for following fiscal periods
- Check and confirm invoicing received to ascertain the correct delivery of products and services
- Guide and support the selection process based on the stablished procedure whether through the issue of RFPs, direct orders or quote comparison.
- Record and maintain scoring and/or decisions leading to the selection of products and solutions
- Ensure that the conditions and deliverables of the contract are factual and as described
- Run assessments of contracts together with the respective owners regarding conditions and Service Level Agreements, noting any deviations and escalating as necessary
- Maintain a constant forecast of expiries, necessity of renewal or condition changes that could affect pricing or quality of service
- Ensure that each active contract has a corresponding budgeting item
Skill-sets and Requirements
- 4+ years in a similar role preferably in procurement or contract management
- Experience in procurement in mid to large scale environments
- A good understanding of finances and bookkeeping
- Vendor management and Contract negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Good at managing internal stakeholders
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Management
Job Reference: WS459
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.