Our client is seeking a Procurement Executive to join their tea. Reporting to the Director you will be responsible for the Company’s procurement and relevant operational functions, ensuring cost-efficient procurement and use of company resources.
- To identify potential vendors, provide details of product specifications, solicit bids, and with support from the Operations Department, prepare an analysis of the bids and a final recommendation;
- Ensure that the necessary research has been carried out (with regards to supplier and product) to be able to select the best procurement strategy;
- Place orders for stock replenishment on a regular basis, as required, to maintain adequate stock levels and schedule delivery dates and coordinate transportation methods;
- Provide assistance in preparing the necessary documentation required for tender and proposal submissions, including obtaining the necessary quotations submitted in the required format and compliant with stipulated specifications;
- Analyse and reconcile supplier’s invoices for all ordered and supplied goods and services;
- Maintain updated the 'authorised supplier' database as well as maintain accurate recording of all procurement 'projects' in collaboration with Tendering Executive, including up-to-date status such as pending bids/quotations, bids in evaluation and purchase orders issued, at all times;
- Ensure ordered services and goods are provided satisfactorily as per the specifications and subsequent billing for such services received accurately and in a timely manner;
- To work closely with Finance, and seek out clarifications with suppliers on invoices;
- Maintain an up to date and easily accessible filing system for all procurement documents;
- Co-ordination with Warehouse Executive carries out physical assets verification (stocktaking) at least once a year;
- liaise with the Warehouse Executive in situations where items purchased are delivered/ received at the warehouse to ensure that everything ordered is delivered to spec
- Perform any other assigned duties in relation to this role
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Building Services Industry will be considered an asset
- Technically minded with the ability to understand and communicate specifications of products between suppliers and clients
- Enterprising, motivated, multi-tasking, accurate and highly organized.
- Computer proficiency
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Maltese;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
Skill-sets and Requirements
Currently living in Malta
Job Reference: AX030
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.