Our client, a leading food manufacturing company, are looking for a Procurement and Shipping Manager. Reporting to the Group CFO, you will be responsible to:
- Manage the sourcing of products and services
- Create a buying strategy that considers the company’s budget
- Find supply partners that strike balance between quality and cost
- Lead the implementation of the strategy for procurement products and services
- Analyse market trends and update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions including shipping costs
- Manage stocks for the units assigned, ensuring best practice in maintaining adequate stock levels
- Correspond with suppliers, negotiate prices, delivery, and special conditions
- Follow market pricing to ensure procurement is carried out at the most competitive terms
- Liaising and co-ordinate efforts with fellow colleagues to develop business through sourcing of products.
- Developing a sustainable growth strategy through product differentiation
Remuneration package will depend on the candidate's experience.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and purchasing processes
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple high-priority projects
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Purchasing or Supply Chain management will be preferred
- Experience in manufacturing industry related in procurement and shipping
Job Reference: OG891
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.