A vacancy for the post of Logistics Officer is currently available within the logistics department of a reputable organisation within the FMCG Industry. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the logistics officer will be required to assist in the management of day-to-day Distribution Operations. Your duties will include;
- Supervise the routing process, by ensuring that sales orders are routed according to scheduled departures and that reports, and documentation are raised as required;
- Ensure that required replenishments are done in time for picking of the district distribution or loading for direct departures and exports;
- Supervise and coordinate the tasks of the teams that are engaged in receiving, picking, cleaning, transporting, replenishing, loading and stacking stock in the most efficient and cost-effective way whilst ensuring that production flows smoothly at all times. Other tasks will need to be allocated to them during the off-peak period;
- Issue receipts, organize storage related to imports and ensure that the correct products and/or quantities have been received in good order and that the correct data has been entered in the Warehouse Management System;
- Participate in basic office accounting tasks as required and provide reports on a regular and adhoc basis including co-ordination of periodical stock takes with reconciled results;
- Coordinate and supervise the cleaning and upkeep of warehouses, yards, equipment and vehicles and maintain all related records;
- Reconcile invoices and statements sent by suppliers / service providers while ensuring they adhere to the agreed prices, quantities, quality, terms and conditions set for the products / items purchased or services rendered to the company
This role is being offered on Shift basis - alternating Morning and Afternoon shifts (05:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 22:00).
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Have experience within the logistics field;
- Possess strong leadership, team facilitation and problem-solving skills;
- Be an excellent communicator both verbally and written, possessing ICT and good presentation skills;
- Be flexible and able to work shift work;
- Be conscious on warehouse upkeep;
- Have good analytical skills and be proactive.
Education & Experience
Ideally have, as a minimum, an O’Level standard of education;
Job Reference: JU637
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.