Trade Operations Officer
In the role of Trade Operations Officer you will report directly to the Head of Shipping and your main responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with other trading and shipping teams for seaborne deliveries from and to Asia, Africa, Europe and America
- Processing letters of credits and other bank operations
- Acting as the main contact for Suppliers, Customers, Agents and Banks
- Handling the documentation and customs clearance for international shipments.
- Carrying out goods inspections
- Producing reports and issuing invoices
Education and Experience
- A’Level Standard of Education
- Certification in International Trade or a related field would be preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar function (i.e. import/export, shipping/forwarding)
- Good knowledge of export/import procedures, shipping documents, documentary credits, bank guarantees
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Russian would be considered an asset
- Demonstrate strong communication, analytical and organisation skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be customer focused and target-oriented
- Be meticulous and able to work on own initiative and under pressure
The position of Trade Operations Officer is within a leading international trading company having part of its operations based in Malta.
Job Reference:- UK324
Supply Chain, Transport & Warehousing Jobs in Malta involve logistics and transportation of products. Jobs in supply chain, transport & warehousing include logistics, procurement, warehousing, supply planning, air, land and sea freight, route operation, drivers and courier roles.