Our client, a leading presence in the local IT solutions industry, is looking for a Junior Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities would include the translation of the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. The successful candidate will work directly with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and how it works. Other responsibilities will include:
- Developing new features visible to the end user.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimising the applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assuring that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end development team.
- Collaborating with other internal departments and stakeholders to deliver the end product.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- At least 1-2 years experience working in a similar role.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5m CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of Angular2 and asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles.
Education & Experience
A diploma or similar qualification in Software development or a similar field.
Private health insurance
Job Reference: WX770