Within this Caseworker Assistant role you would work as a member of an international team of experts on the processing of applications for international protection, following the relevant detailed Standard Operating Procedures and EU asylum acquis. Your main responsibilities include:
- Conducting interviews with applicants for international protection
- Preparing opinions on applications for international protection
- When appointed, conducting vulnerability assessments and best interest assessments
- Contributing to drafting responses to queries from colleagues in the field and/or other documents providing guidance
- Liaising with the Maltese authorities for the implementation of the his/her tasks
- Keep updated, maintain excellent understanding of and implements all developments in guidance, quality feedback, SOPs
- Participating in trainings, workshops and meetings
- Drafting regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges
- Performing any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
Education & Experience
- A degree level of education, preferably in the field of Law
- A minimum of 3 years experience working as an asylum caseworker
- Experience in vulnerability procedures, in particular in the Maltese context will be an asset
- Very good understanding of the Maltese and European migration and asylum context
- Possess good communication skills in English
- Flexible enough to work in a multicultural environment
- Able to work well both individually and in a team
This position is on a 6 month assignment with a possibility of renewal.
This Caseworker Assistant job is with a well established international agency based in Malta.
Job Reference Code: MO805
Social Welfare Jobs & Community Jobs in Malta involve the welfare of those in a community. Jobs in social welfare and community roles include community care, mental health, social welfare and child care roles.