In this position of a Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to the Maintenance Manager/Operations Manager/General Manager, and be responsible for a team of 2-3 Duty Maintenance people and our 2 properties in Valletta.
- Ensure a safe, well-maintained hotel where everything functions as it should and where all maintenance and power costs are within budgeted controls
- Ensure efficient preventative maintenance procedures at all times and a quick reaction to maintenance requirements from guests and staff.
- Participate in budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and ensures the maintenance team’s commitment to achieving this.
- Maintains and enforces the hotel’s protection and energy-saving policies.
- Ensures a continual flow of water and power at the most economical level and monitors consumption levels compared to budgets and recommends methods for effecting savings.
- Ensures that technical drawings, certificates and records are current and properly filed.
- Leads by example, stressing attention to detail, a high standard of finish, attentive and personal service to guests, sales awareness and personal initiative.
- Co-operates and co-ordinates with all other departments especially housekeeping, front of house and food and beverage, ensures that all maintenance requirements are treated promptly and to correct standards.
- Ensures that the building plant and equipment are maintained to their full life expectancy.
- Establishes service quality standards for the department, which accurately reflect what happens in the day to day work situations.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in guiding the maintenance staff into a highly skilled and flexible team in which each individual member is well trained, properly managed and highly motivated.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager to ensure total safety at the place of work where all maintenance matters are concerned, particularly during repairs, and after modifications are carried out.
- Be aware and involved in the fire evacuation and security procedures, and ensures that firefighting and any other emergency equipment is periodically checked and maintained in good working order.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar environment, Eg Hotel, Hospitality
- Very well organized and analytical
- HTD level of technical education or equivalent
- Wireman’s licence A&B
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English language
- The selected candidate should possess leadership and good communication skills, assertiveness, ability to handle pressure, and a results-driven personality.
- A hands-on approach is required
- Currently living in Malta
Job Reference - BV902
Our client a well established and reputable group of companies operating here in Malta
Jobs in skilled work involve the production and maintenance of private and public buildings and structures. Skilled Work Jobs in Malta include construction work, drivers, electrical, gardening, health & safety, mechanic, plastering, plumbing, pest control, installation, technician, attendants and maintenance roles.