Our client, that specialises in the design, and manufacturing of lifts and escalators is currently seeking an Aftersales Technician, responsible and accountable for:
- Carrying out repairs, fault finding, close job cards by tying workflow to schedule as per Company standards and clients’ requirements.
- Diagnosing errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Ensuring that all equipment required is according to the job card, client exigencies and system limitations.
- Compiling timely and proper reports for any repairs conducted by completing necessary logs, and records on the mobile app as per departmental procedures.
- Providing clear handing over to the client and close off required paperwork at end of the visit.
- Making recommendations for improvements and upgrades to clients on site and pass on proposals to sales executives.
- Participating in on-call duties according to schedule to attend to clients’ needs accordingly.
- Operating the Company vehicle in a safely manner and make proper use of the field automation systems.
- Sharing information across the organisation by using the right communication flows.
- Applying appropriately mannered communication skills with clients, colleagues, and superiors.
- Comprehending customer requirements, providing high quality service and customer support during site visits.
- Building positive relationships with customers, apply excellent customer care at all times and oversee the preservation of both the clients’ and company’s property and equipment.
- Be aware of electrical, mechanical, and chemical health and safety issues; also understand appropriate manual handling techniques.
- Attending any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly.
- Maintaining customer’s trust relationship by keeping service information confidential.
- Following all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
The chosen candidate will be provided with the necessary training and a mobile phone will be provided for internal purposes.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday: 0800hrs - 1630hrs
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Possess strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment.
- Capable of comprehending technical diagrams and manuals.
- Have at least 1 year of experience working with elevators.
- Prior experience in hydraulic lifts will be given preference.
- Hold a valid manual driving license (Category B).
- Possess excellent written and verbal proficiency in English, and preferably in Maltese as well.
- Having an electrical license of either A or B would be an asset.
Education & Experience
Preferably hold a Diploma at MQF Level 5 or a Certificate at MQF Level 4 in Electrical/Mechanical subjects.
Job Reference: OT127
Jobs in skilled work involve the production and maintenance of private and public buildings and structures. Skilled Work Jobs in Malta include construction work, drivers, electrical, gardening, health & safety, mechanic, plastering, plumbing, pest control, installation, technician, attendants and maintenance roles.