Our client, a leading provider of specialist ICT services, with a successful track record for implementing projects both locally and internationally, is looking to recruit an IT Security Engineer to join their dynamic team. In this technical position the selected person will be responsible for evaluating, designing, and implementing cybersecurity-focused technologies and services while working with other technical engineers and project team members to create secure environments for their customers. Other daily responsibilities will include;
- Reviewing, creating, and approving security standards and technical implementation plans/ designs for non-security-driven projects.
- Participating in security operations support.
- Being on-call on a rotating roster for incident handling and remediation.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- 2+ years’ work experience in configuration and troubleshooting VPN technologies.
- Great knowledge of IP networking, routing, Firewalls, End Security.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Next Generation Firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Web Application Firewalls, Log management & SIEM, Cloud Security Platforms, SOAR Platforms and/or Endpoint Security Suites is preferred.
- Automation skills utilizing Powershell or Python would also be preferred.
- Keen interest in and Great awareness of cybersecurity trends.
Education & Experience
A degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification.
- Health Insurance
- Hybrid work environment
Job Reference: RJ759