Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their Commercial Team. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for the generation of proposals, tenders, pricing and contract negotiations to develop and retain business and ensuring the timely and consistent delivery of core company services to our clients as well as planning, coordinating and delivery of the Business Development activity.
- Facilitate the growth of the business to achieve targets and improve the company’s market position.
- Identify new business opportunities and prospects in territories of responsibility.
- Contact potential clients and set up meetings to discuss the company’s services.
- Analyse market strategies, trends, deal requirements, and financials; evaluate options; resolve internal priorities; recommend investments.
- Maintain excellent relationship with the key customers and present new services to enhance the existing relationship.
- In conjunction with the sales team, aid in the compilation and submission of pre- qualification documentation for tenders and proposals.
- Prepare proposals, tenders and pricing for submission to clients, ensuring all client proposals are in line with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and negotiate contracts whilst integrating contract requirements with business operations
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to build networks of internal and external contacts.
- Capable of negotiating and concluding business deals with a proven record of profitable sales growth
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Capable of combining commercial skills with technical knowledge
- Willing to travel globally
Education & Experience
- Ideally educated to a degree level (Commercial, Business Admin or equivalent) or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Proven record in a business development or consultative sales role
- Background in medical/emergency services would be advantageous
- Previous experience in managing corporate clients and presenting to key internal/external customers.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in writing of proposals and attending to tenders in a complex business environment is preferred
Job Reference: WW909
Sales Jobs & Business Development Jobs in Malta focus require the selling of a company's products or services, as well as developing and implementing growth opportunities within a company. Jobs in sales & business development include business development, business intelligence, business relationship management, e-commerce, fundraising, general sales, telesales, retail and lead acquisition roles.