Our client, who serves customers with a complete range of industrial, medical, and refrigerant gases, complimented with equipment supplies and services, is seeking to recruit a Quality Systems Manager to be responsible for the planning, leading, implementing of all tasks related to product and management quality, whilst reporting to the CEO. S/he must ensure that all systems, processes, procedures, and documentation are compliant with the relevant internal quality manuals as well as national frameworks, regulations, and legislations. The chosen candidate, will be performing/managing the roles of Qualified Person and Responsible Person.
- Ensuring that activities within the company are sufficiently defined by clear and concise systems, processes, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and documentation and that these are well known and understood by all relevant personnel;
- Ensuring that the Objectives established for Quality Management Systems are achieved as outlined by the yearly strategic plan of the company;
- Approves and monitors any contract analysts/analysis.
- Actively participates in the design and implementation of storage conditions for materials and products.
- Formulating, developing, implementing, and reviewing policies, standards and procedures
pertaining to quality management and control systems as well as overseeing the business
plan for said systems;
- Outlining and implementing various quality KPI’s which promote the achievement of the company’s overall strategic plan and objectives, and monitoring and analysing the function’s performance in relation to the said KPI’s on a continuous basis;
- Continuously monitoring the gases produced and/or imported by the company by ensuring that their quality is compliant with that specified in local legislation and the company’s Quality Assurance System and mobilising resources to correct any deviations as swiftly as possible;
- Reviewing and authorising specifications, sampling instructions, tests methods and other quality control procedures;
- Approving and monitoring any contract analysts;
- Actively participating in the design and implementation of storage conditions for material and products;
- Carrying out the duties relevant to the ISO 9001:2005 Quality Management System Representative;
- Periodic Quality Review Meetings (QRMs) and assess progress on QMS initiatives, including Third Party Audits, Company and Departmental Objectives, CARs, Internal Audits and Customer Service Performance measures.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Have at least three years of professional work experience in a related sector
- Have an assertive and outgoing personality to encourage a culture of excellence and compliance
- Have good communication skills both verbal and written and be able to communicate effectively across all levels within the company
- Has good planning, organisational and presentation skills
- Be computer literate with Microsoft Office to a proficient level
- Must be based in Malta
Education & Experience
Be in possession of a university degree in medicinal or other relevant scientific education.
Job Reference: KX500