Konnekt will be managing all recruitment for Torrent Pharma Malta exclusively.
Torrent Pharma Malta, a start-up company focusing on Pharmaceuticals and batch release testing is looking for a Microbiology Analyst. Reporting to the Microbiology Manager, your duties will include;
- Performing finished product testing results against approved analytical methods and specifications.
- Performing Testing of Purified Water as per established schedule in relevant Company procedure.
- Performing Environmental Testing of the Microbiology Laboratory Clean rooms as scheduled in the Validation Master Plan (VMP).
- Preparing and maintaining adequate stock of Microbiological media ready for use.
- Performing daily laboratory operations and address or escalate any emerging issues, as required.
- Training and developing junior QC Team members, as needed, to ensure continued compliance with required regulatory standards.
- Preparing and/or reviewing standard operating procedures, validation protocols and reports pertaining to Microbiology Laboratory activities/equipment.
- Work out/assist in calculations pertaining to microbiological analysis and produce the relevant documentation in association always in compliance with EU GMP.
- Monitoring the handling of equipment and ensure that this is done in the proper manner and not in a way which may be detrimental to its function.
- Assisting external contractors in performing qualification/calibration of equipment within the Microbiology Laboratory and keep records of these according to Company procedures as required.
- Maintaining Quality logs and registers as dictated by the relevant Quality Control procedures.
- Ensuring that all Quality Control procedures and documentation are up-to-date and within their expiry date and instigate their revision if necessary.
- Participating in the initiation and follow-up of change controls, as required.
- Participating in the initiation and investigation of deviations, as required.
- Reporting and investigating OOX results in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Microbiologist and Quality Control Manager in Quality Investigations.
- Carrying out other Quality Control related duties as may be required.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of five-years’ experience in an EUGMP microbiology laboratory
- Proficiency in various lab instrumentation with special reference to Sterility testing.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Education & Experience
Science graduate level 4 or higher
Attractive working hours - day basis (Monday to Friday)
Job Reference: RB397