Our Client, a leading FMCG Manufacturing company, is recruiting for a Head of Quality and Product Development to ensures that the organisation’s products and services follow the company’s quality requirements, in addition to complying with Franchise, customer, and regulatory requirements for quality, safety, and reliability. Reporting to the COO, the selected candidate will be;
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and strict adherence to the company’s quality policy. Developing and/or reviewing standards, policies, objectives, and procedures for all functions and departments involved with or related to the production of all products.
- Responsible for coordinating the effort to ensure the company's adherence to the GFSI recognised food safety standards and other standards as dictated by current and future franchisors.
- Responsible to continue nurturing the food safety culture within the company.
- Assist in continuous improvement activities throughout the business as part of the company's Lean journey through fresh ideas and breakthrough innovation with the primary aim to achieve Operational excellence and maintain the drive to continue investing in our people and teams
- In collaboration with our Sales & Marketing team be responsible for the development of new products for the local and export markets in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain and improve the Group’s Quality Management System standards and any other supporting standards, managing the internal and external quality audits throughout the operational processes.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of departmental goals and projects.
- Scheduling and performing quality audits and reports findings to the Chief Operations Board and Operations / Quality board, developing corrective action plans, and requirements, and ensures timely resolution of findings.
- Receiving and reviewing all customer satisfaction reports and/or surveys and customer contacts and complaints. Reviewing complaint trends and product/component failure analysis and reviews corrective actions with appropriate personnel.
- Preparing reports and other documentation required by regulatory agencies and Franchisers.
- Developing and implementing quality planning, inspection methods, and defect prevention/corrective action processes for new and existing products.
- Preparing and monitoring operating and capital budgets.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 4 years experience in Quality Management preferably in the Food & Beverage Industry.
- Knowledge of HACCP, quality concepts & technical knowledge in Food Processing.
- Strong interest in product and process development.
- Strong leadership with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across functions, all levels of management, quality assurance technicians and customers.
- Self motivated, pro-active individual who will constantly seek improvement opportunities.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Science/ Food Science/ Technology or similar.
Job Reference: ZN531