Within this job as a Product Developer, you will be responsible for leading engineering activities and supporting day to day operations in the manufacturing area. Your duties will include:
- Leading Production by ensuring smooth operation of the area and of all equipment within the area to meet the running demand agreed with the customer.
- Conducting Changeover, coordinating cleaning and maintenance of tools as required.
- Sampling of new tools/product development of new and ongoing series parts.
- Leading cost reduction / continuous improvement initiatives and Manufacturing excellence/ 6Sigma projects.
- Coordinate implementation, operational, quality and delivery topics with several stakeholders internal and external including toolroom, engineering, development and planning.
- Ensuring that product quality is kept to the required standard and quality control documentation adequately filled.
- Participate in the training of Process Instructions, Control Plans, FMEA’s and other quality documentation as required and train and supervise any other new product developer, senior setter and injection operator in the area.
Education & Experience
- O’ Level of Education or better is needed
- Computer literate
- Fluency in written and spoken Maltese and English
- Extensive experience in injection moulding roles such as: Senior Setter Operator / Injection Moulding Setter
- Attention to detail
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive, practical and hands-on approach
This position is on 3-shift basis, including morning shifts, afternoon shifts and night shifts and includes shift allowance.
This Product Developer position is with one of the leading manufacturing companies in Malta.
Job Reference Code SA724