Reservations Agent - Malta
In this position of a Reservations Agent forming part of the sales team, you will handle requests from guests who want to make a room reservation, you will need to understand the rate strategy, be thorough in recording the booking and be quick to spot an opportunity to upsell.
- Answering and monitoring all correspondence including incoming telephone and e-mail inquiries
- Checking availability and entering reservations in the Hotel reservation system
- Ensuring a constantly updated Hotel reservations system with proper guest allocations
- Ensuring that proper sales techniques and strategies are used in order to maximise room revenues
- Corresponding with Tour Operators and other 3rd parties regarding special requests for rooms and rates
- Ensuring that Front Office personnel are aware of current room rates
Education & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within the hospitality or hotel industr
- Proficiency IT applications, including MS Office and preferably of reservations software
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Maltese, Italian would be considered an asset
- Previous experience within travel and tourism
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to organise, multi-task, be discrete and maintain confidentiality
- Pleasant personality and customer-centric approach to work
- Excellent communication skills while having a polite and mature attitude
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills.
- Be flexible and willing to do the extra-mile to help the team
- You will work a five day week spread over 7 days. Sundays off.( Working hours are from 08.30hrs to 17.00hrs. Monday to Sunday with two days off, one of which is Sunday.)
- This position is offered on a 1 year definite contract basis, but will be extended yearly.
- Candidates must be currently living in Malta
Job Reference - MT 3794/17
Our client is an establish company specialising in the Hospitality sector