Our client is looking to employ a PR & Communications Officer to join their growing team. As part of your responsibilities you will be:
Key Accountabilities/Key Activities
- Sourcing and writing engaging content for internal purposes, including stories and interviews involving different teams and members of staff.
- Writing content for public awareness campaigns.
- Creating well-crafted external press releases that effectively communicate the Authority’s position.
- Social media content management, including the creation and writing of posts, creating stories and accompanying visuals, and scheduling/uploading as required. Content to be tailored to the different channels.
- Sourcing and writing engaging content to be placed across different media, both local and international.
- Creating basic but attractive graphic designs for social media consumption, as well as for event posters and other purposes, utilising tools such as Canva.
- Maintaining effective stakeholder management by working with key internal stakeholders across the organisation to identify and shape opportunities for engagement and to reach the organisation’s communications objectives.
- Working with diverse content types, including video and podcasts amongst others, to deliver engaging content that is tailored to the specific medium.
- Monitoring digital news and print media coverage to circulate as necessary.
- Updating website content in a timely manner, using appropriate tools and ensuring that content is optimised for SEO.
- Providing support in the creation of content material or collateral as required for events or workshops.
- Working with other internal stakeholders to prepare interim and annual reports.
- To assist the PR and Communications Department in the organisation, coordination and management of the MGA’s participation in national and international events.
- To liaise with suppliers and subcontractors of marketing/public relations services and coordinate campaigns with them.
- Other tasks as instructed by the PR and Communications Manager.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Have an excellent command of the English and Maltese languages, with a flair for writing and an eye for detail
- Demonstrate good research capabilities and have excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in harnessing the potential of diverse content types, including video productions and podcasts, amongst others.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Be able to organise, multi-task, meet strict deadlines and prioritise tasks in accordance with the requirements of the function.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of an MQF level 6 in preferably English, Communications or Journalism
- Previous experience in PR and Content Writing is a must
- Knowledge of Wordpress, MailChimp and Canva will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Gaming industry will be favourably considered
Job Reference: GS245
Marketing Jobs & PR Jobs in Malta entail the promotion of companies, brands, products and services to specific audiences. Jobs in marketing & PR include account management, affiliate management, brand management, business intelligence, customer relationship management, content, digital marketing, events, graphic design, social media marketing, marketing management, public relations, market research, merchandising, web design,and audio visual jobs.