A role is now open for a Director of Facilities with a locally based manufacturing company. Your main duties will include:-
- Define structure and organization, issue procedures and delegate authority to head the plant facility maintenance team and see that the company’s and department’s KPIs are being met
- Monitor and control the process of supplying the required utilities that are needed for the production and manufacturing operations including but not limited to Soft water, Cooling Water, Nitrogen, CO2, Electrical Power and others
- Develop systems to ensure that scheduled works and planned maintenance operations are implemented and completed without hindrance
- Participate in the development of new strategic plans and project management within the company
- Manage projects from design to implementation, and ensure that they are completed within set time frames and budgets
- Develop contingency plans for utility and service breakdowns and taking charge of controlling any emergency situations
- Liaise with departmental heads and participate in steering committees for continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with established procedures relevant to the management systems, HSE and ISO standards
- Manage the cleaning services and subcontractors to ensure both the outdoor and indoor areas are well kept
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is a must
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and proven experience of leading large multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English is needed
- Ability to build rapport and conduct effective discussions with all stakeholders across all company levels.
The Director of Facilities role is with a well-established manufacturing company in Malta.
Job Reference:- IR578
Manufacturing Jobs in Malta focus on the various stages of production and maintenance of products. Jobs in manufacturing include production & operation, assembly, health & safety, maintenance engineering, and quality control roles.