Within this Deputy Operations Director position you will work closely with the Operations Director making sure that safety and excellent service are provided, together with the maximisation of revenue and cost control. Main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Managing the day to day operational functions within the organisation related to agreed service levels, contracts, budgets and operational goals
- Promote the importance of health and safety policies and procedures
- Financial and Operational planning of the departments
- Implement quality assurance processes to measure service levels and KPI’s
- Monitoring of budgets and targets
- Ensure that training and development opportunities are implemented for staff members
- Support HR with industrial relations
- Develop, challenge and motivate the management team to meet and exceed operational and financial targets
- Identify business growth opportunities
- Establish and maintain constructive relations with internal and external stakeholders
- Present and analyse reports, while ensuring goals and targets are met
Education and Experience
- A Degree in transport, operations or logistics needed
- 5 years experience in senior management positions, with experience within a transport related field being given priority.
- Professional level of English is a must, with knowledge of Maltese and/or other languages seen as an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- People management skills (at all levels)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Business minded yet practical
- Analytical and good with numbers
This Deputy Operations Director position is with a prominent organisation primarily involved in local operations.
Job Reference Code: KL138
Management Jobs in Malta involve activities which relate to improving company performance through the implementation of business solutions and management strategies. Jobs in management include business relationship management, customer relationship management, general management, management consulting, operations, project management and strategy & planning roles.