One of our clients are currently looking to recruit a Tax Lawyer to join their team. Forming part of a team of four, the successful applicant will provide a personalised service to both corporate and private clients, including high NET worth individuals..
- Provide advise and assistance in relation to laws, regulations and good practice in relation to Maltese direct and indirect taxation measures
- Drafting of legal advice, as well as researching and keeping updated on various tax and legal developments.
- Advising on briefs across a range of practice areas including M&A transactions, asset finance, gaming, aviation and shipping
- Representing clients involved in tax disputes with the local revenue.
- Work closely with the tax compliance and tax accountant team to provide a full tax and immigration service to clients.
Education and experience:
- Fully qualified lawyer warranted under Maltese law
- A minimum of two years previous experience with exposure to tax
- Applicants with existing Tax specific qualifications will be considered favourably
- Applicants without a tax specific qualification who are willing to complete the MIT course on taxation will also be considered.
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in Maltese is also preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well presented and professional
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.