One of our clients are currently looking to recruit a Senior Legal Expert to join their enforcement team.
- Act as a technical point of reference to the team;
- Providing legal advice in relation to investigative and enforcement work;
- Reviewing and vetting of investigation reports, memoranda and correspondence;
- Investigation of licence holders and related enforcement action;
- Attending court and tribunal sittings as necessary;
- Preparation of reports to the police and attending meetings with the police;
- Coordination and cooperation with supervisory functions;
- Discussing investigative strategy with senior management;
- Collection of information, documentation and evidence;
- Attending meetings with licence holders and unauthorised persons under investigation;
- Conducting on-site investigation visits and surprise inspections;
- Analysing, assessing and discussing findings of investigations;
- Identifying breaches or wrongdoing;
- Consideration of representations received and discussing with senior management;
- Following up on decisions
- Investigation of unauthorised business and related enforcement action;
- Investigation of dubious and/or fraudulent activities or schemes;
- Investigation of financial crime and referral to the police
- Other duties and tasks as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Qualified lawyer, warranted under Maltese law.
- Strong background in financial services
- A minimum of five years of relevant post qualification experience.
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.