A key client of ours specialising in the Legal sector is currently looking to onboard a Senior Legal Counsel (Crypto) to join their team of professionals:
- Taking the lead in providing legal support and regulatory advice to clients, primarily in relation to crypto-assets, company law, investment services, financial institutions, capital markets and funds
- Drafting of legal opinions, including amongst others, classifying tokens/crypto-assets under various legal regimes
- Reviewing of agreements, drafting of policies, procedures or any other documents as required
- Mentoring more junior lawyers, reviewing their work and assisting them with escalated client queries
- Assisting the Legal team manager as required
- Communicating effectively with external parties, including local and foreign competent authorities and external consultants
- Assisting clients with licence applications, including drafting/ reviewing business plans and liaising with competent authorities
- Keeping up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business, including the financial services and crypto-asset sectors and transforming that knowledge into content for regular articles and/or internal training.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of three years’ hands-on experience in investment services, financial institutions and/or capital markets with a keen interest in following the latest developments, particularly the crypto-asset industry;
- A strong grasp of company law, contract law, European Union law and financial services legislation
- A personality driven by excellence with a high-standard service mentality when dealing with clients and third-parties
- Must have excellent and fluent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have additional experience or working knowledge in data protection and intellectual property law.
Education & Experience
A graduated lawyer with a Master’s degree in Financial Services or Crypto-Assets
Job Reference: AF559
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.