Our Client is seeking to recruit the services of a Senior Lawyer.
In this Role, you will be reporting directly to the Partner and your Responsibilities will be to;
- provide advice, legal and business expertise to Clients;
- serve Clients' interests at all times in line with the Firm's high standards of practice;
- share knowledge and experience, particularly in but not limited to the area of tax law for the benefit of the Firm’s business and assist the Firm with further development of its tax practice;
- advise on tax matters in the context of commercial transactions, wealth planning and regulatory compliance for businesses and high net worth individuals;
- foster good communication and information sharing within the Firm’s tax practice group and with the Firm’s network of tax advisors globally;
- at all times promote and work towards a team-work approach with the Firm;
- draft, review and negotiate contracts as required and assist in regulatory procedures with various authorities as well as representing the Firm and/or its clients before competent authorities, in contentious proceedings, whether before local courts, or overseas.
Education & Skills
The successful candidate will;
- Be a fully qualified lawyer, warranted to practise under Maltese law;
- Have a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience in corporate and commercial law as well as some litigation experience;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to work on own initiative and in possession of excellent interpersonal skills to liaise effectively internally and externally;
- Be analytical with a sharp eye for detail, with the ability to work in a very fast-paced work environment;
- Be a real team player, with a positive can-do attitude.
Our Client is a leading law firm with a business focus and expertise in gaming, technology, tax, and corporate finance.