A new opportunity for a Senior Corporate Lawyer has just become available within a dynamic law firm having its head office in Malta, as part of the expansion process being undertaken by the firm.
The Senior Corporate Lawyer, who will be reporting to Partners, will be working with both the firm’s legal team from different jurisdictions as well as the financial services team.
- Drafting / preparation of corporate documentation such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA forms, minutes of board meetings, etc.;
- Drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding agreements;
- Reviewing agreements, forms or any other legal documentation;
- Assist the Compliance Officer / MLRO in day-to-day regulatory activities including addressing various queries;
- Providing legal advice and legal opinions;
- Liaising directly with the Maltese Registrar of Companies, and other national and international governmental authorities;
- Ad hoc compliance and legal projects / duties as may be required from time to time;
- Drafting of Court applications;
- Undertaking any ad hoc projects, if required.
Education & Experience
- University degree in law (LL.B / LL.D);
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- A Master’s degree (LL.M) will be considered an asset;
- Candidates having experience in an MLRO and compliance department and/or court experience will be considered favourably.
- IT literate, with experience of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications;
- Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base;
- Keen to develop his / her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development;
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure;
Job reference: PM894
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.