Our client, a well-established Fintech company, is seeking to recruit a Legal Officer in order to assist in the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Drafting and reviewing the Company’s Policies and Procedures;
- Liaising with another department to understand the impact and requirements of the Policies;
- Maintenance of the Policies and Procedures Framework of the Company;
- Drafting, maintaining, and reviewing contracts in various areas in accordance with the needs of clients and other stakeholders;
- Conducting legal research as required by the Company’s needs;
- Assessing upcoming Local and EU regulations, maintaining and updating the legislative and regulatory change oversight dashboard and reports;
- Drafting of legal correspondence according to the Company’s needs and liaising with external counsel, where required;
- Form part of the Company Secretarial Team supporting the Board of Directors and the Board Committees including the preparation of resolutions, minutes, statutory returns, board packs, maintenance of statutory registers, liaison with the Malta Business Registry;
- Assist in the implementation of the Company’s governance framework;
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time, as instructed by the senior members of the Legal department.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Previous experience in corporate law in Malta
- At least 3 years of post-qualification work experience. Experience within a similar role and from the Payments / Banking industry will be considered as an asset;
Education & Experience
A fully qualified lawyer
- Wellness allowance
- Hybrid working and Flexi Time
- Health Insurance
Job Reference: TL970
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.