A key client of ours specialising in Corporate Services is currently looking to onboard a Legal Counsel to join their team of professionals; This role could also be offered on a reduced-hour basis for the right applicant:
- Drafting and reviewing various legal documents such as employment agreements, loan agreements, lease agreements, escrow agreements assignment agreements, consultancy agreements, commission agreements, and GDPR documents
- Assisting the Head of Legal with setting up of trusts and foundations; acquisition and registration of yachts and aircraft; and licensing
- Carrying out legal research on various topics according to the Company’s needs
- Assisting the Head of Legal with carrying out ongoing client file reviews of the Company (and its Associated Persons);
- Assisting the Head of Legal with the revamping of legal templates
- Keeping abreast with new regulatory developments in relation to CSP/Trustee rules and regulations, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory obligations.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently and manage own workload while being part of a motivated team
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Fluency in another language would be considered an asset
- Must have experience and be highly knowledgeable with Maltese Law, and would ideally be locally warranted
- Minimum of 3 + years’ experience working in a similar role
Education & Experience
Must be in possession of a Law Degree
Job Reference: HY954
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.