Our client who specializes in the Technology industry is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their dynamic team.
The roles and responsibilities will include:
- Drafting/Review of internal and external Company’s Policies for the compliance with legal requirements and reporting findings to management.
- Advising the organisation on compliance and regulatory requirements affecting the business. Including in relation to Privacy; Competition law and Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policies;
- Advising on appropriate intellectual property protection measures and on commercial, as well as legal, aspects of transactions
- Negotiating with internal and counter party legal, commercial and procurement teams.
- Managing disputes when they arise and providing dispute resolution advise, primarily but not limited to electronic communications matters; employment matters; infringement of IP; Data Protection matters and Consumer Affairs related issues.
- Using or creating standard contract templates to prepare/agree other agreements (e.g. subcontracts, consultancy, agency and reseller agreements)
- Research relevant legislation as required and monitor relevant legislation updates and legal notices.
- Presentation of legal issues to management together with analysis, options and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, EU Directives & Regulations, regulatory policies and decisions regarding electronic communications and other related areas.
- Provide advice to all Company departments in relation to legal & regulatory affairs, review of all types of legal documents, and collate information from within the Company’s various departments in relation to legal matters.
- Negotiate and represent the Company interests in litigation and with Government regulatory authorities and any other as necessary.
- Prepare responses and position papers related to consultations, new legislation and Regulations.
- Prepare periodic risk assessments and proactively ensure that Company is prepared for Regulatory challenges and risks.
- Reporting to various Intra Company departments as required and providing regular and ongoing progress reports to senior management and EXCO as required.
- Manage relationship with relevant stakeholders as required including cooperating with external legal counsel on crucial issues of the Company.
- Point of Contact for day-to-day contractual reviews, negotiations and drafting including amongst others:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements/Confidentiality Agreements.
- Software licenses.
- Service Agreements.
- Service Terms and Conditions
- Data Processing Agreements.
- Amendments to/extension of existing agreements.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer or similar
- Fluency in written and spoken Maltese and English
- Proficient in MS-Office applications
- Experience in IT Law, Electronic Communications and Privacy Laws will be considered an asset
- Time-management, communication and writing skills as well as presentation skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with different teams
- Excellent analytical skills with the capacity of identifying all risks
Education & Experience
Possess a Local Doctorate of Law or a Legal Degree with a Master’s;
- Health Insurance
- Telecommunications allowance
Job Reference: SQ937
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.