Ours is an esteemed client operating within the Financial Services Market. They would like to engage a Legal Counsel to join their Team.
Assist with the development and overseeing of the bank’s processes from a
- legal point of view
- structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and transactions
- resolve issues that arise in existing commercial and banking relationships and
handle disputes and inquiries
- undertake discussions and negotiations with external regulators and advisers, including lawyers
notaries and auditors
- give legal advice to all bank’s departments and units
- report in a timely and accurate manner on procedures and developments; and
carry out all other duties within the Legal Department, as and when
- draft legal letters and related documentation as and when required
Skill-sets and Requirements
- The potential candidate should have a positive attitude, be well-organised, with a disposition to learn and a meticulous and team-oriented approach to work.
- Have ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
Education & Experience
- Have excellent command of English (both written and verbal)
- Have sound knowledge of banking/corporate/financial services laws and regulations
- Hold a University degree in Law, with a warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably within the banking or financial services sector
Job Reference: XF423
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.