Our client within the Corporate Services industry is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their team:
- Providing support and advice to the Group’s Senior Management and members of the Board on the proceedings of the Board during, and in-between, sessions
- Organizing Board meetings, set agendas and solutions to various substantive, procedural and organizational questions pertaining to the business of the Board.
- Contributing to other policy work on organizational governance, strategy, and accountability issues.
- Drafting and reviewing outlines of reports and papers prepared for the Board.
- Handling all duties pertaining to the role of Company Secretary as outlined in the Malta’s Companies Act.
- Furnishing the information demanded such as the official receiver in the case of the winding up of the company or to the Registry of Companies in the event the Company is under investigation.
- Submitting a variety of documents to the Registry of Companies and forms to the Malta Business Registry.
- Acting as an interface between the Board and Management and to communicate with external stakeholders, such as investors, and to act as a first point of contact for queries.
- Ensuring that all returns and documents of the company are prepared and registered with MFSA and other regulatory entities within the requirements of the Act.
- Other ad hoc legal duties that the department might need.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Knowledge of the Maltese Company Act and regulations
- Knowledge of corporate governance methods
- Excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English
- A minimum of 3 years of local experience in a similar role
Education & Experience
A fully-qualified and warranted lawyer
Job Reference: BB282
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.