Legal & Compliance Executive
Our Client has a vacancy for a Legal & Compliance Executive.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will form part of the Business Support team within the Finance Function. You will support the Company’s decision-making process and ensure that the company complies with legal standards and in-house policies.
- Draft and review legal documents and commercial contracts and provide feedback on terms and conditions from a compliance perspective;
- Perform the necessary KYC and due diligence checks;
- Carry out due diligence, risk assessments and compliance checks for new business;
- Undertake periodic reviews and risk assessments of existing client relationships and business partnerships;
- Support the Finance Director in the setting up of Corporate Structures and Joint Venture Arrangements;
- Provide legal advice with respect to corporate compliance globally;
- Ensure the company complies with its outside regulatory requirements (national and international) and internal policies and systems of control;
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control;
- Liaise with external providers of consultancy and legal services;
- Liaise with relevant authorities;
- Be the owner and champion of the Anti-Bribery and Anti-money Laundering policies for the Group.
Education & Experience
- A Degree in Law or relevant tertiary education;
- A keen interest in corporate, legal and compliance is required;
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering legislation and regulations would be an asset;
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Work experience in a similar role;
- Experience working in an international environment would be advantageous;
- The ability to acquire knowledge of compliance matters in a multitude of international jurisdictions;
- Able to work independently and proactively, but also as part of a motivated team;
- Fluent in English whilst additional languages, particularly French is highly desirable;
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
Our client is a leading retailer and distributor of several International and designer fashion and sportswear brands.