We are assisting one of our clients in recruiting a Legal Advisor.
- Providing advice with regard to inter-operator disputes, end-user versus operator disputes, and any appeals from company decisions and complaints versus any operator.
- Providing input to litigation issues via the drafting of position papers, submissions of the company's position to the relevant adjudicative forum and/or attendance at any such forum.
- Defending the company’s position in litigation matters in any adjudicative fora as required.
- Briefing and updating any outsourced legal or other resources engaged by the company as necessary, with a view to maximising their engagement.
- Proposing and drafting legal texts for the consideration of Government.
- Advising on the effective implementation and enforcement of any laws or regulatory decisions relating to the sectors falling within the remit of the company.
- Providing legal advice on decisions, strategy, consultative papers, position papers and any other matter requiring legal vetting or interpretation.
- Researching, collecting and analysing information relevant to the various policy areas for onward dissemination.
- Assessing the impact of local and international trends and developments on the legal and regulatory framework of the company and recommending any required changes.
- Reviewing Consultation Documents, final decisions as required and submitting feedback as appropriate. .
- Participating in or managing projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Dealing with inter-operator complaints and disputes processes.
- Assisting and advising with regards to the implementation and enforcement of any regulatory obligations.
- Carrying out any litigation on behalf of the company in relevant adjudicative fora.
- Carrying out research functions in support of the Authority’s programmes, policies and initiatives in a pro-active and timely manner.
- Drawing up analytical reports in relation to identified policy areas and assessing the implications of local and international developments on the Authority’s policies and strategy.
- Preparing and editing from a legal perspective, consultation documents for feedback by stakeholders, and final decisions as required.
- Providing legal advice in support of the regulatory functions of the company.
- Assisting Government with legal drafting and advises Government on such matters as necessary
- Participating and contributing towards the achievement of the company's objectives across all operational disciplines.
- Providing legal input with regard to collection of dues, failure to provide regulatory information by operators.
- Carrying out research with respect to policy areas assigned.
- Preparing impact assessment reports.
- Conducting research on local and international developments in the respective policy fields of the Authority.
- Contributing to the review and possible refinement of internal procedures and processes.
- Drafting or assisting in the drafting/vetting of consultation papers and dealing with the related processes leading up to the decision phase.
- Drafting or assisting in drafting of legislation
- Drafting or assisting in drafting of legal documents including court submissions
- Participating in projects as assigned.
- Communicating with the Operators and other key stakeholders, including contracted parties and the general public as necessary.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with internal staff members to facilitate a cohesive and integrated approach in the Authority’s operations and the ultimate fulfilment of the Strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Communicating with the Office of the Attorney General, the Office of the State Advocate and other institutional players as necessary.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Solid analytical and report writing skills coupled with an excellent command of verbal and written English and Maltese.
- Ability to carry out analytical and research work and to evaluate, assimilate and report on findings.
- Proficiency in the use of office automation tools.
- Experience in legal drafting, court proceedings and a proven track record in litigation will be considered an asset.
Education & Experience
Is in possession of a warrant to practise as an advocate in Malta.
Job Reference: TT446
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.