Our client is seeking to recruit a Junior Lawyer to join their Legal department.
- Provide legal support and advice to other legal units as required, including contracting, property development and human resources;
- Prepare legal documents for other units such as contracts, agreements, deeds and follow-up on compliance;
- Follow-up on Financial Debtors Collection;
- Handle court cases and prepare all necessary documentation and evidence;
- Represent the company in courts, tribunals and public enquiries and present arguments persuasively;
- Liaise with other lawyers, colleagues and senior management and government departments;
- Abide by the professional code of conduct.
Education and Experience:
- Warranted Lawyer in Maltese Law;
- Minimum of 3 years' post-qualification experience;
- An understanding of the working of courts;
- Knowledge of national laws and the relevant international legislation.
- Proficiency in Maltese and English;
- Analytical and interpretive skills;
- Legal research skills and writing skills;
- Public speaking skills and the ability to present cases in court;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- IT skills;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Time management and multi-tasking.
Job reference: UB603
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.